Boneless, Skinless, Chicken Breast… a healthy protein option that can get boring week after week. Last time I was scrolling through Pinterest for some new ‘Try It Tuesday’ ideas, I came across one blogger who said to think about a chicken breast as a blank canvas. Change it up with different seasonings, marinades, or what you serve it with for a different dish or meal.
This doesn’t necessarily mean prepping the chicken has to be difficult or time consuming, but it will lead to more of a variety week to week.
For me, I cook chicken at least once per week whether it is in the crockpot or oven, or on the stovetop or grill. My go-to for chicken is usually the crockpot but I have learned that trying new cooking methods is one way to make a chicken dinner more exciting.
One of my all-time go to recipe is Salsa Chicken. It can be used for so many recipes… tacos, burrito bowls, salad and more.
1. Place chicken breasts in crockpot to cover the bottom. I try not to overlap or stack the chicken breasts.
2. Sprinkle taco seasoning evenly over chicken breasts.
3. Pour salsa over the top to cover the chicken breasts.
4. Cook on low for 8-10 hours.
5. Shred the chicken with two forks about 30 minutes before serving.
6. Prepare the rest of your meal… my favorite is burrito bowls.
7. Serve and Enjoy!