I had a friend share this simple, healthy recipe with me a few weeks ago. I am always asking her for new recipes. At first, I was a little skeptical of this one because of the ground pork… I had never cooked ground pork before trying this recipe.
This flavor-packed meal is easy to prepare, and it is ready to eat in 30 minutes. Don’t be a skeptic… Give it a try!
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 5 green onions, sliced on a bias (white and green parts)
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp Sriracha or garlic chili sauce, more to taste
- 14 oz bag coleslaw
- 3 tbsp Coconut Aminos (or Soy Sauce if you are not concerned with keeping this recipe Paleo)
- 1 tbsp Rice Wine Vinegar
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
1. Heat sesame oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
2. Add the garlic, onion, and white portion of the green onions. Sauté until the onions are translucent and the garlic is fragrant.
3. Add the ground pork, ground ginger, sea salt, black pepper and Sriracha. Sauté until the pork is cooked through.
4. Add the coleslaw mix, coconut aminos (or soy sauce), and rice wine vinegar. Sauté until the coleslaw is tender.
5. Top with green onions and sesame seeds before serving.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Per Serving – Calories: 255 | Fat: 18.7g | Protein: 14.8g | Total carbs: 8g | Fiber 3.8g | Net Carbs: 4.2g
Recipe from: Peace, Love and Low CarbTweet