Salmon might be one of my favorite dinners. The best part is there are so many ways to create and cook a variety of salmon recipes. This was my first ‘Try it’ meal now that I am meal planning, and I must say it was delicious! Here at Words of Wellness we are going to start posting Try It Tuesday recipes for you! Be on the lookout for new recipes coming soon.
This recipe serves 4. Feel free to modify accordingly.
- 4 salmon fillets
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated (I like to buy the tube of paste)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
For the Glaze:
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon grated ginger
- ½ teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
1. Mix the marinade ingredients together and place in a bag with the salmon to marinate at least an hour.
2. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
3. Place salmon on a greased pan and discard excess marinade.
4. Bake for 12-14 minutes until it flakes (145 degrees).
5. Spoon the glaze on the salmon and sprinkle with sesame seeds and green onions.
The online recipe recommends arranging broccoli on the pan to cook with the salmon. I am definitely going to try that next time. When I recently made this we had broccoli the night before, so I cooked asparagus on the stovetop while the salmon was cooking in the oven. Also, I served the salmon on a bed of rice.
Recipe from: Spend with PenniesTweet