4 Tbsp Unsalted Butter (melted)
2 Tbsp Canola Oil
1 cup Sugar
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1 Tbsp Ground Flaxseed
1/2 cup Whole Wheat Flour
1/2 cup Ghirardelli Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
1 cup Fresh Blueberries
1/2 cup Ghirardelli Bittersweet Chocolate Chips – (tip: if you prefer sweeter desserts, go for Semisweet Chocolate Chips or Milk Chocolate Chips)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease an 8 × 8 baking dish.
3. Blend the melted butter and sugar on high speed for about 3 minutes until they are light and fluffy.
4. Add canola oil, eggs and vanilla extract. Blend.
5. Add the ground flaxseed, whole wheat flour, and cocoa powder. Blend until all the ingredients are well combined.
6. Add the blueberries. (Tip: Puree the blueberries before mixing them into the batter. This will spread the blueberry flavor throughout the entire pan.) *If blueberries are pureed, blend in batter. If you leave them whole, fold into the batter.
7. Add the chocolate chips. Fold into the batter.
8. Pour the batter into your baking dish. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
9. Wait about 15 minutes before you cut them into squares.
Nutrition per serving (yields 16 squares):
Serving size: 1 square
Calories: 156 calories
Fat: 9 g
Saturated Fat: 2.5 g
Carbs: 21 g
Protein: 2.3 g
Fiber: 1.6 g
Recipe from Honey, What’s Cooking?Tweet